I will be posting the recipes (with proper credits) as they are emailed to me from circle members!
My Slow Cooker Beef Stew (recipe from Taste of Home):
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Hunt’s® Original Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce
- Layer the potatoes, carrots, onion and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add stew meat; seal and toss to coat evenly. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil in batches. Place over vegetables.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, broth, mustard, salt, pepper, thyme and browning sauce. Pour over beef. Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 hours. Reduce heat to low; cook 7-8 hours longer or until the meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 272 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Corn Bread with Lavender Honey:
I totally cheated and used the Jiffy Boxed Corn Bread. =)
For the Honey, you take:
1 bottle (small) of a light honey
2 tbs dried lavender flowers
1 reusable steeping bag
Heat honey in a double boiler, put lavender in steeping bag then toss the bag into the honey. Keep over medium heat for 30 minutes with occasional stirring. Let the honey cool down to a thicker consistancy (will be almost like water when you take it off the heat) then pour back into the bottle. Super easy and super yummy!
Easy Quiche (thank you Tina!)
3-4 eggs (depending on size and extra filling)
1 1/2 C milk
1/2 C Bisquick
2-3 C shredded cheese of your choice
2 C whatever you want (Bacon, spinach, ham, etc.)
Mix it all together and dump it into a 9 inch ungreased pie dish and bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes (45 minutes if only used 3 eggs, 55 if used 4).
Let cool for 5 minutes then serve!