Monday, August 26, 2013

Cleansing the Body

Late last week, with all the effort that I had been putting into cleansing my spirit and mind, I decided that I really needed to put that same effort into cleansing my body as well. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this on here, but I LOVE Dr. Pepper. Yup, it's my only vice in life (unless you want to count tattoos), and one that I enjoy dearly. However, this past weekend I went through a 48 hour cleansing and detoxing fast, consuming nothing but water and a special vitamin/antioxidant juice stuff that keeps the body rejuvenated. The first day, going without food was easy, but I had a killer headache by the end of the day from not having any caffeine. The second day, despite the baking binge I went on, I felt marvelously better and didn't feel the need to eat everything I was making. =) I broke my fast today, and I have to say that my body feels pretty damn good... I'm looking forward to meditating tonight with a clear mind, body, and spirit. I'm also hoping that this helps jump start me weight loss from having baby #2 as well. I can't deny, I'm anxious to feel good about how I look again. I know some people may think that is vain of me or something complete inconsequential, but what can I say? I know what I'm happy with, and it's with the size 6 Levi's sitting in my closet waiting to be worn again this fall.

On to other things...

My husband, being the wonderful man that he is, renovated the back yard from the wasteland my ex had allowed it to become, and, after the hard work, blood, sweat and tears cost, we have a thriving garden that covers about 1/8 of our yard (and the yard is rather substantial). I've got squash and cucumbers growing like mad, tomatoes out the ass and a variety of other veggie delectables. It is so wonderful to go out there every morning and wade through the leaves and flowers while hunting for the ripe goodness that is bound to be out there. I feel so grounded and at peace while I work out there, and my son loves to lay on the little trampoline we have out there and watch the leaves in the trees while I work. It has become our morning routine after I drop my daughter off at school for the day. I've come to discover that this routine is also my escape when I feel stressed out. If the baby is crying for no discernible reason, we can go outside and he chills right out. If my school work is getting the better of me, I just go play in the dirt for awhile. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm still a water and fire child to the end, but this garden brings me so much joy and fulfillment; I'm already planning the garden for next year, with the addition of some raised beds!

I think I'm going to do a quick card draw now...

Enjoy the rest of your evening (or day for those on the other side of the world!), and I will write again soon.

Blessings, light and dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment