Friday, October 14, 2011

A fond farewell!

Sorry on my absentee status... the family and I were taking a well deserved vacation in the Southern Caribbean. =)

Tonight marked the transition of me stepping down from my position with the circle and moving my "replacement" into that spot. I think the ritual went well... Essentially, everyone showed up and was brought in half way through a ritual already in progress. My replacement and I began our work at 6:30, which consisted of setting up, talking over everything, casting the circle, and spending some quality time in meditation with the elements and the Divine. The meditation was much needed and provided some great insight and triumph, as well as strength and guidance to both of us... not to mention one hell of an endorsement by Gaia and Cernunnos for Bill! Once everyone was brought in, I took about 10 minutes to thank everyone for coming even though they had no idea what was going on, and then to explain that my time with the circle had come to an end and that it was now Bill's turn to take on the leadership role and help the circle and its members continue to thrive and grow. After I finished speaking, Bill said his few words and then he made his oath to me, as well as the circle that he would do right by them, etc. When all was said and done, I had him cut me out of the circle, and after I crossed the threshold, I bowed to everyone, told them I loved them, then I turned around and left without looking back. Oddly, it was easy to not look back. I came home and sent out a quick email to everyone, since not all of our members were able to be there tonight, and now I'm sitting here typing this.

I suppose I will go make some nice pumpkin spice tea and go treat myself to some nice book time.

Love and blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment