Monday, November 14, 2011

Just a thought...

(here's to a belated Veteran's Day post!!)

I know that times are tough right now, but I would like everyone to give some serious thought to adopting a soldier this holiday season. Being a veteran and a military wife, I understand the hardship of deployment, especially when that deployment falls over the holidays. (hell, I'm gearing up to be in that same situation soon!) Even worse, think about the military members over seas that have no spouses or family to send them things and make them feel remembered and special... heart wrenching isn't it?

Last night I adopted a soldier. I haven't received the information for my soldier yet (takes 24-72 hours) but I can tell you that I have already started putting a box of things together to send off when I do. It doesn't have to be anything big, but something as simple as some snacks and a few letters can make a world of difference for someone protecting our freedoms and going without so we can sleep safely and peacefully at night.

Yes, I know things are financially tough right now... but the fact is that just being home gives us more than those deployed men and women have right now. No, I'm not trying to guilt anyone into this, I promise. =) I do believe strongly in this though, and I hope that you will at least think on it!

If you're interested in doing something like this, here is a reliable site that you can go through- AAUSS- Adopt a US Soldier

Bless to all you! If you decide to do this, I would love to hear about your plans and your soldier! Just remember, please do not post any crucial information, such as exact location, dates of departure/return, or anything else that the enemy could use against us. =) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment