Wednesday, August 31, 2011

With the End of August comes...

The first real feel of fall.

The weather in Idaho is fickle at the best of times, and this summer has boasted well above the normal high for several weeks... staying in the high 90's to low 100's consistently. Today though... Today was beautiful. I awoke to a crisp breeze in the air- the North-Western Winds are making their presence known, and with them comes the feel of fall and the inner knowing that before too much longer it will be time to take to wearing jeans and long shirts and hoodies when setting out, while watching the beauty of the leaves as they turn and gentle way in which Gaia begins to to settle into the quiet hush of early darkness and preparation for the winter ahead. While packing away my summer things makes me sad, as I know with it comes the bitter cold of this area, I must confess that I look forward to the subtle change of fall and starting the morning out cool with a gradual warming to a comfortable level instead of a searing heat.



How is it where everyone else is at?

Don't worry, by Yule I'll be bitching about the cold and bitter wind storms we get and praying for the searing heat again. =)

1 comment:

  1. I love autumn. I absolutely live for Mabon, as it starts my favorite time of year for me. Right now, temps are in the mid-high 80's.. depending on whether it's raining. Btw, I love the picture you posted. Who is the artist? It looks like Froud, but ..?

    ReplyDelete