Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Art of Dream Time

YES! I finally remembered one of the topics I've been wanting to write on... DREAM WALKING!

Dream walking is something that I've been working on (off and on) for the past couple of years. I had a great dream last week which triggered another onslaught of study and work, and so far, I seem to have made great progress. There are certain people that I have always been able to dream walk to... people that I have a really good connection with. There are others that are hit and miss, more often than not due to different sleeping times. =)

However, my dreams are not what I'm here to type on, but more of how those dreams are achieved. Without a doubt, sometimes it is totally random and unexpected, but other times it is a thought out plan, consciously made before heading to bed. I have found that one of the best methods for me starts with playing the dream in my head before I sleep. That is, the dream I want to take someone into. For instance, if I wanted to take my husband into a dream, before falling asleep I would create the entire dream. The location, the color of the sky, time of day, clothing, etc. would be know to me. From there, its a matter of meditating on that dream and letting my body drift into sleep while doing that. Once that happens, it's pretty much like the mind says "Ok, here we are! Let's go find Stephen and have some dreaming fun!". Granted, there are times when that doesn't always work, and also times were I won't remember the dream, but the recipient will (which is super annoying). Something that is also helpful is keeping a notebook and pen by the bed. I have discovered that I tend to wake up after dream walking, and if I don't write my dream down in the time, I will often loose some of the finer details and be left with hazy remnants when I wake up for the day later.

So what works for you? I'm a sucker for incense and some soft music. I even have play lists designed to cater to certain types of dreams. If I'm going into my "dream scape" (which is by a river a nearly lived on in high school) I will play music that reminds me of running water, so on and so forth. If you have never tried dream walking or seem to not be too good at it, I would highly recommend reading Psychic Dreamwalking: Explorations at the Edge of Self by Michelle Belanger. It is an excellent resource!

Well, speaking of dreams, it is time for me to go get ready for bed and see about making some new dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment