Most sabbats are accompanied by food... it just so happens that Mabon is, to me, an extra special food day! This is a recipe I got off of allrecipes.com many years ago, and it is really fantastic for Mabon (I think). In taking part of a blog hop with The Pagan Mom Blog, I figured I would post this fabulous main dish!
Check back for more recipes soon...
Cranberry Glazed Pork Loin Roast!
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon, crushed
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (4 pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- (I pretty much eyeball all the "extras" like garlic, mustard and all that jazz!)
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Combine the cranberry sauce, apple jelly, mustard, crushed bouillon, horseradish, garlic powder, and thyme in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Line a large baking pan with foil. Place pork loin in pan, fat side up. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Use a pastry brush and a small spoon to completely coat the pork with sauce.
- Cook until the pork is no longer pink in the center, about 45 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with remaining sauce. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).