Monday, September 19, 2011

Mabon Recipe!



Most sabbats are accompanied by food... it just so happens that Mabon is, to me, an extra special food day! This is a recipe I got off of allrecipes.com many years ago, and it is really fantastic for Mabon (I think). In taking part of a blog hop with The Pagan Mom Blog, I figured I would post this fabulous main dish!

Check back for more recipes soon...

Cranberry Glazed Pork Loin Roast!


Ingredients

  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
  • 1 cup apple jelly
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 4 cubes chicken bouillon, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
  • 1 (4 pound) boneless pork loin roast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • (I pretty much eyeball all the "extras" like garlic, mustard and all that jazz!)

Directions

  1. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  2. Combine the cranberry sauce, apple jelly, mustard, crushed bouillon, horseradish, garlic powder, and thyme in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
  3. Line a large baking pan with foil. Place pork loin in pan, fat side up. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Use a pastry brush and a small spoon to completely coat the pork with sauce.
  4. Cook until the pork is no longer pink in the center, about 45 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with remaining sauce. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). 

2 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy. My husband won't eat pork so I can't make it and I'm really bummed. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is too bad!! You could always try it with chicken!

    ReplyDelete