Monday, March 28, 2011

A Memorial

As many of you know, last month I dealt with the death of my grandma (which happened last October). My mom and I, for as strained as both of our relationships with her were, decided to go out and get some "Memorial Inkage". It's amusing because my grandmother was a by the book bible thumper, and would wholly disapprove of either of us marking our body in such an ungodly way (excuse me while I go laugh hysterically), but, at the same time, it is a beautiful and unique expression of something she loved dearly- violets. So grandma, here's to you!

Her Headstone that we ordered. Yup, those are violet's on there!
My ink:

Mom's ink:

3 comments:

  1. My mom and I just got matching tattoos too!

    She calls it the trinity for her three kids
    I call it the triple goddess :)

    looks good!
    -Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Autumn!
    Mom and I had previously gotten matching Cherry Blossom's on our ankle... I do love Tattoo's!

    Great with the whole trinity for kids/triple goddess deal. Sounds totally like something I would see/hear in my life too!

    P.S. Shoulder now looks like a snake and is starting to itch like crazy! *sigh* Still worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are beautiful tattoos! they are fantastic memorials!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete